FTI has a small mobile satellite trailer available that just may turn your heads. It is a small trailer but it carries a big punch. It is equipped with a 3.1m C/Ku band antenna, iDirect Satellite Router and a Wireless Access Point and antennas. It would be an excellent addition to your existing wireless network on the rig, or a valuable addition if you currently have no source of internet on location. This trailer can be pulled behind a small truck or even a car. It normally takes less than 30 minutes to peak the antenna after a move and FTI offers in house training in Rogers, Arkansas or at your office at the time of delivery, to insure you and your techs have the skills to work with IntelSat directly or you can have our technician handle the registration once you have peaked the antenna. FTI can also retrofit a trailer or setup with an auto deploy system, that will automatically point and lock the dish in the proper setting.
The SatLink. We can also custom build trailers per your specifications. Normal turn-around is 6 months or less for a custom build. We currently have redesigned our present setup to utilize a smaller antenna while retaining the reliability and affordability desired by our customers. The new design uses a 2.4 meter antenna vs. the 3.1 meter.
With FTI’s C/Ku hybrid system, we can give you the reliability and availability you need on a 24/7 basis.
Applications that justify FTI over Wildblue, Starband, or Hughes:
- Drill sites have no voice communications if they are out of cell range. VOIP would give them that capability. With typical off the shelf Skype phones or other VoIP service.
- When Government inspectors come to the rig they must connect back to their computers via VPN. Direct Way will only support one VPN connection at a time.
- There is no encryption on Wildblue.
- If you would like to video monitor the sites. This takes more bandwidth than Wildblue can provide.
- You want to avoid FAP throttling.
- Greatly improved reliability during storms and high usage periods.
- For Rig owners who seek to improve the quality of life to help retain employees, a WiFi HotSpot provides a solution while restricting abuse and limiting bandwidth cost.
Take a look at our website at www.ftionline.com to see what services we offer and explore your options. Please call or email our office anytime to discuss this and any other services I can help you with.